This year, for Thanksgiving, I was asked to bring an appetizer. I’ll be honest, I don’t have a go-to appetizer, and I’ve also learned that if something takes too long for me to make, I will just end up upset I chose that particular thing to make.
Once we figured out we were responsible for an appetizer, Brent and I were on the hunt for the right thing to make. Brent tends to get a little overzealous when it comes to choosing food to take anywhere. He doesn’t have to make it, so he likes to pick things that will take forever, or will be completely impossible for me to make while 4 kids ask me to do something for them.
Authentic Cuban sandwiches are actually made on Cuban bread though, which is quite a bit different than Hawaiian Rolls, and pork is a main ingredient. I’m not a fan of pork, so I was happy to substitute bacon for the pork. I also substituted honey mustard for the regular mustard just to give it a hint of sweet.
*for your convenience, there may be affiliate links throughout this post, so you can easily find the things i am showing you. by using these links, your pricing stays the same, but i earn a small commission. you can see my full disclosure here
Cuban Sandwich Sliders
- 2 packs brown and serve rolls (24 total)
- less than half a pound of ham sliced thin
- 6-8 slices of swiss cheese
- 6 slices of bacon extra crispy, crumbled
- 1.5 cups chopped pickles
- 1/2 stick of salted butter, melted
- 2 T honey mustard
- 2 T ranch seasoning
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Slice rolls in half and place the bottoms of the rolls in the pan.
- Layer the ham, cheese, bacon, and pickles evenly.
- Cover with the top half of the buns.
- Mix together melted butter, mustard, and ranch seasoning. Spread evenly over the top of the sliders.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered, and then an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- Enjoy the fact that you just made an awesome potluck appetizer in record time that people are going to LOVE!!
You guys, everyone loved these!! We actually have made them twice at home just to eat because we loved them so much!
you may also enjoy
stop avoiding your camera!!
subscribe and gain access to our exclusive facebook group! get tips and tricks for photographing your kids!! plus, hang out with some awesome mamas who just want to take pics of their families!